Important Facts When Relocating Out of State
These are some of the moving tips and facts that you should always keep in mind when relocating to another state. Remember; the 3rd most stressful event in people's lives after death and divorce is to move. That is why, to remove any stress out of the moving day, it is best to hire a professional moving company like C & C Shipping and Moving.
Even though moving is overwhelming, the number of Americans who move per year is outrageous. This is the reason that most people hire moving companies and let them handle everything from packing to shipping. However, there are so many things before moving day that you should be doing to expedite the process and make it easier for yourself and family members.
Safety Moving Facts:
Pay close attention to the below-given safety facts when relocating out of state:
• Movers are legally obliged to provide you with a booklet regarding “Your Rights & Responsibilities When You Move.” If they don't, ask for it or avoid using their service altogether.
• Always check if the moving company is licensed or not. For example, if you are moving out of state and the company is operating illegally, there can be a fine of 4,000 dollars on the company along with a jail serving sentence of up to one year.
• When a moving company gives you an estimate and its time to sign the contract agreement, you are not obliged to sign it until satisfied with the conditions provided by the moving company. This means always reading the papers before signing.
• If you are moving out of the state, you should only use the services of movers that are registered by the US Department of Transportation Cross Country Movers. You can use their website to get information about the moving company’s licensing, safety record and insurance.
• Make sure that your important documents like contracts, bank statements, mortgage papers, and birth certificates, etc. travel with you when you are moving.
Money Saving Moving Facts:
• If you are moving due to a job relocation more than 50 miles away, you can have the expenses of moving deducted from your taxes. Also, if you are self-employed, you need to comply with two conditions, the first one is the distance and the second one is the number of working weeks.
• You can even make a few bucks out of your relocation by organizing a garage sale or listing your items on Offer up or Letgo. This will not only earn you some money, but you will also be able to get rid of things you don’t want to take with you.
• You can save money on boxes and other packaging materials by getting them at a discounted price from your moving company. Also, grocery stores give them away but make sure they are not damaged.
• If you are shipping your computer, back up the data either in a USB or in the cloud. If for any reason your hard drive gets damaged while moving, your valuable data is safe. Also, if you have a laptop, consider taking it with you as nowadays manufacturers make them very thin and fragile.
• More people relocate in spring and summer than any other season of the year. So, if you are planning to move between the months of May and September, start searching for a reputable moving company in April.
Tips When Relocating Out of State - C & C Shipping and Moving
We are not only A+ rated moving company with Better Business Bureau, but we also have an experience of over 20 years. Besides, we are fully licensed that adds another layer of protection in working with us. Give us a call, and we will take all of your moving stress on our shoulders.