Moving, of course requires a lot of preparation, organization and choosing the best moving company. But there are many interesting facts about moving out that are curious to know. They are on various topics and some of them are just useful to know while others can be really beneficial to you in terms of saving time, money, effort and more. Here are some of the most common facts about moving home.
Curious Facts about Moving a Home
- Every year more than 45 million people relocate which is about 17% of the total population of the USA. Approximately 6,7% from them went to live in another state.
- One of the common facts about moving home is that movers are obliged by law to provide you with the booklet “Your Rights and Responsibilities when You Move”. If they don’t do it, this may be one of the signs for a moving scam so consider whether to move on with this company.
- One of the best things to do when moving is to get as many quotes as possible. Asking for a free moving quote will give you a basis of comparison between the different moving companies – the services they offer and the rates they work at.
- The third most stressful event in people’s lives after death and divorce is moving. And with the hope of reducing moving stress My Moving Reviews is offering a large number of articles with tips, checklists and guides to help you get through this difficult process smoothly and successfully.
- In some states the majority of people born there never leave like Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Louisiana. On the other hand, in other states it is just the opposite – less than 40% of the population there was also born there including Arizona, Florida and Alaska, for the state of Nevada this percentage goes even further down – to 25%.
If you are a mover in Texas and you operate illegally you may be fined $4,000 for that and you may have to go to jail for up to one year. This is why always check if your mover is licensed.
- When the moving company contacts you you are not obliged to sign anything if you are not satisfied with the moving conditions that this company provides you with. This means that you should read everything you get from the moving company and you must not sign blank papers. Be cautious.
- Moving out of state should be done only by registered in the US Department of Transportation cross country movers. For that you can go to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration SAFER system here.
- On an average every individual relocates between 11 and 12 times in a lifetime.
- The majority of people (40%) move locally due to home related issues.
- Almost half the time people move because of a job change, about one third: due to retirement and the rest relocate for other reasons.
- About one third of the people who are moving would go to live in another neighborhood because it is more convenient for them for their job.
- Five years after graduating from high school or college one third of the young people no longer live in the same state where they studied.
- During moving important documentation should always travel with you – paperwork, birth certificates, bank statements, contracts, mortgage papers, etc.
- Did you know that you can use additional special types of services to move your artwork? You can ask the movers to make custom crates and pack your valuables.
- If you have a computer for moving always make a backup of the data on it especially if there is some valuable information recorded or if you are working on a home office. If you have a laptop consider moving it with you.
- If you want to save money when moving there are plenty of ways to do that. One way is to read reviews. A recent research shows that by reading the reviews of other people you will be able to learn which companies are better off to avoid and which ones work professionally. And a few hundred extra (not spend) dollars from moving are always welcomed, aren’t they!
- Also there are many discounts that movers offer. Or you can look for economy moving companies that also do a quality job.
- There are plenty of ways for you to get boxes for free or other packing materials: online, from family and friends and craigslist are just a few of all the ways.
You can have your moving expenses deducted from your taxes. If you are moving to more than 50 miles due to a job change or even if you are self-employed after complying two conditions – one is the above mentioned distance condition and the other one is a number of working weeks.
- Did you know that you can make some money out of your relocation? One way to do that is to organize a moving sale. This is how you can get rid of everything you don’t want or need.
Deal only with an A+ Rated moving company with the Better Business Bureau. For over 20 years, C & C Shipping and Moving has provided moving services through a committed approach, time-honored technique, and a caring attitude. Over the years, much has changed. But what hasn't is our reliability and dedication to provide dependable moving services to our valued customers. Contact us today for a free moving quote.