Moving requires preparation, organization, and choosing the best moving company. At C&C Shipping, we offer some interesting tips about moving that could be useful in terms of saving time, money, and effort.
Curious Facts about Moving
- Once a moving estimator comes to your home, he is obliged by law to provide you with “Your Rights and Responsibilities When You Move” booklet. If they don’t do it, consider to move on and find another company or at your responsibility book with them.
- Asking for a free moving quote is your right. It will give you first hand a glance of the services they offer and the rates they work at.
- In some states, the majority of people never leave their home town. For example, in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, and Louisiana, people rarely move out of their state. On the other hand, Floridians and Arizona natives move frequently.
- Check if your mover is licensed because in Texas if they operate, the fine illegally is $4,000 and jail time for up to one year. Be aware of illegal companies; they still risk themselves and operate without a license.
- Moving out of state should be performed only by moving companies registered in the US Department of Transportation cross country movers.
- Almost half the time, people move due to a job change, one third due to retirement and the rest for other reasons such as job relocation.
- Moving relevant documentation such as birth certificates, bank statements, and mortgage papers should always travel with you.
- Do you own artwork? The movers can make custom crates for valuable items.
- One way of getting free boxes is by C&C Shipping, giving you extra boxes once you book an appointment with their estimator.
- Make some money out of your relocation by organizing a moving sale and getting rid of everything you don’t want or need.
Deal only with an A+ Rated moving company like C&C Shipping. For over 20 years, C & C Shipping and Moving have provided moving services through commitment, time-honored moves, and a caring attitude. Contact us today for a free moving quote.