Some Key Elements to Consider with Art Storage
Both private and institutional collectors should always be informed about the details of storing their artwork. No matter if it is a temporary issue due to renovations or a long-term due to accidents such as fire, flood or any kind. For those who collect art it is important to consider a fine art storage company with reputation. We say this because many times we have seen art damaged by poor fine art storage conditions.
Because the fine art warehouse industry is largely unregulated, insurance companies have begun to step in and set up guidelines to educate art owners on important criteria when looking for fine art storage. Some key elements to consider with warehouse:
- Does the company have a professional art handling training program for employees?
- Does the company perform background checks on all employees?
- Is there a bar code inventory system in place to help locate items at any given time?
- Is there a central control system with camera monitors?Is there an alarm system installed? If so, what type?
- Does the facility have a fire detection system that provides instant notification to the fire department?
- Is the facility climate and humidity controlled?
- Is there a plan in place to protect against infestation?
It is important to research and identify the preventative measures a facility is taking to ensure the safety and security of your artwork, as it is also important to be aware that fine art warehouses are not immune to everyday risks and disasters.
Safe Fine Art Storage
At the request of many of our regular clients, we have expanded our services to include fine art storage. We have a newly renovated, state of art warehouse to accommodate the growing needs of our clients. Our place features a security system with controlled entry access and direct links to the fire department, a HVAC climate controlled system, bi-level vaults to separate art with varying condition issues, and a bar code inventory system for locating items. All of which is managed by our highly qualified art handlers and conservators.
C & C Shipping is a family operated, full service moving and storage company that provides a safe, efficient, and affordable moving service to any point in the United States and to all corners of the globe. Our services include local, long distance, international and storage. Since 1986 we have been rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau one of the top Moving Companies in the South Florida area.
C & C Shipping and Moving
2840 S. Park Rd.
Pembroke Park, FL 33009
Freephone: 800 330 8985
Telephone: 954 965 9596
Fax: 954 965 9510